Monday, January 26, 2009

New Year's Eve

I posted a few photos from Sunday.

My husband's family celebrates at lunch on New Year's Eve. The three of us and his older sister and her family went to their parent's home for a huge meal. My mother in law cooked more food than we could possibly eat and we listened to more firecrackers than I cared to listen to! Santiago's dad bought a few which Santiago lit. His nephew was engrossed in a television show, otherwise I'm sure he would have gone out too. Or maybe he was waiting until evening when he would light the ones that they had bought.

In the evening we stayed home and, after the baby was in bed, we turned on the television to watch the annual Spring Festival Gala. I didn't find it as good as last years, so I got a lot of knitting done. We did stay up til midnight to see in the new year.

Before I could take out my contacts and brush my teeth, the moment I'd been waiting for happened. The baby woke up screaming. All of the fireworks going off woke him up. I calmed him down and he went back to sleep in a reasonable amount of time.

Happy Year of the Ox!

No comments: